Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful, Thankful, Thankful

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Wow- so much to be thankful for! I have a wonderful family, my mom, dad, siblings and their spouses, my husband and kids and a couple of the girlfriends! and my husbands family! WOW- I was blessed with wonderful people in my life. They all come to with different qualities, talents, personalities... but they all carry love with them. I am so lucky!

I am thankful for my health! The lapband helped me to lose the weight I needed to lose to be free of my blood pressure medicine and my diabetes medicine!! I take nothing! The hysterectomy I had last December was great! All the suffering I had for the past 10 years is over! I am thankful my husband put up with my little bit of craziness those first few months after the surgery! (um- I guess I should say "extra craziness those first few months!"- I have always been a little crazy!!)

My goal weight is in reach! I am so thankful for that! I am thankful for all the friends and family that have supported me through this journey. Without their support- I wouldn't be as far as I am today! My co-workers are great! I work for one department, but my desk is in another department and they include me as one of them!! They are all wonderful!

I have had wonderfully skilled drs taking care of me. I have a great dr as my regular dr. I work for an amazing hospital. The things that this hospital offers is unbelievable considering how small it is! People come to our hospital over their own because of the care they receive from our hospital! My husband has a good job as well!

My kids are terrific! My daughter- learning her way in the adult world, becoming engaged and then realizing it wasn't a good situation and getting out! My oldest boy- just turning 18- working two jobs and doing sports plus a senior in high school! My 17 year old son has severe mental retardation- he had seizures for the first time ever in May and has only had one that we know of since. He teaches us everyday to accept those who are different! Next in line works at the local fast food place and is a very responsible young man- bought a car and then traded it in for a truck- he will be 17 in December. The other 16 year old has had a girlfriend for over a year now, and they are just the cutest couple. He works and just had surgery on his shoulder from a football injury. My youngest has diabetes and is waiting to get his insulin pump- next week he starts drivers ed.

So how can I not be thankful everyday of the year? I have a good life. love, family, friends, health- I am blessed.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Until I blog again....

No comments: