Tuesday, November 25, 2008

motivation

I just watched the Biggest Loser show. I love this show. When I first started watching it - it was so motivating. Then I would get frustrated that I wasn't losing weight like they were. I had to stop and realize that the people on the show are able to dedicate EVERYDAY ALL DAY to their goal. I can't do that. So then I had to think about how to use this show as motivation and not feel frustrated.

I watched the contestants exercise, I watched the change, I watch them push themselves. They live outside their comfort zone and get yelled at along the way!! They grow, mature, blossom as the season progresses. It is wonderful to watch. The differences are amazing physically!! I like to listen to their comments throughout the season though- it is awesome how much weight loss success can affect someone.

So- I use the weight loss as motivation, but I use the changes in personality as motivation as well. Watch it sometime- this season is hard because there is one girl on there that hasn't matured much at all. She is methodical and a true game player.

Makes me wonder sometimes what people see in me for differences. What kind of personality changes have I gone through and not realized it? Are the changes for the better? I hope that I haven't offended anyone with my changes, but I am me. I hope that I am not vain, I hope that I am not rude, I hope that I am not snooty. I hope that the caring person I have always been is even more pronounced cause I am not afraid to show I care. (at least not as afraid!! I still fear rejection!!! Old habits die hard?)

My husband told me of someone he knew that lost weight and got wild and left her husband. I think that always worried him cause I would start to have success, and he would bring me a treat. I have heard of that happening-women go wild. I can see where that is a possibility for anyone who loses this kind of weight. Losing 5 pounds is great- losing large amounts of weight is life changing! How can it not be?

I mean seriously- How can it not be!?

It doesn't have to be destructive! I think when making weight loss goals one must also think about the kind of person they think they are, the kind of person they want to be, and then think of the package they want to present that personality in! Someone who loses weight can still end up not being happy if they lose the person they want to be mentally -be prepared for more changes than just the size of your body. It really is an amazing adventure! The Biggest Loser is about so much more than weight loss- if you look for the other lessons - the other developments. It is motivating and eye-opening! Educational in many, many areas.

Until I blog again....

No comments: