Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Accepting a compliment

I couldn't decide what to talk about tonight. I still need to read my journal from last year and see what I should share. I know there is some pretty funny stuff. It is a good thing I can laugh! or that I am not too shy to share!

My goal for my journal and for this blog is to be completely open and honest about what the band has done for me! So that others can see how awesome the choice to get a band is! Kind of a support to others.

So tonight- accepting a compliment. WOW it is hard. I am human- I like a compliment! but it isn't easy! Some days the compliments are plenty! My dad had the gastric bypass, and he told me- "it is hard when the compliments stop- just always know you are doing great- you did great"

I never accepted a compliment well. I would get embarrassed and not know what to say. Pretty common I think, but frustrating. I learned quickly how to smile and say Thank you! There is nothing wrong with taking a compliment. Nothing at all!! I appreciate them all and cherish them all and use them for motivation- why not?!? Again- not to sound vain but I deserve my compliments. Everyone who receives a compliment on anything obviously deserves the compliment! They must have done something that caught the eye of another!

be gracious- say thank you. Hold your head high and be happy someone noticed! Accept it! Live outside that comfort zone!! Heck- pass along the good feelings and dish out a few compliments of your own to others! It is a wonderful feeling! I love to see someone smile or even shy away when I give a compliment! I know I maybe brightened someone's day!

And thanks for your support in reading my blog. You are AWESOME!!!!

Until I blog again.....

No comments: