Sunday, December 21, 2008

Silly things.....

Thursday and Friday we went to watch my son perform in "Oklahoma" for school. I usually have enough caboose padding that sitting in those hard auditorium seats doesn't bother me. Thursday night- My fanny hurt so badly! So Friday night I sat on Ty's coat! Still painful. But at the same time it was neat to notice the difference.

In church today- I was sitting on the end seat. My 17 year old special needs son was sitting next to me. Well, he tends to push himself into me when he wants to snuggle. Normally this is not a problem. It has been awhile since he and I have sat next to each other like that. Today he threw himself into me to snuggle and just about pushed me right off the seat onto the floor! He did that three times! It was strange to have him move me so much physically. One time I would have landed on the floor for sure had I not grabbed the chair in front of me! I am thinking we need to sit on a bench with an arm rest to hold me in my seat.

Later today I had to go to town and get something from the store. While Ty and I were walking into the store I noticed a lady struggling with her car. Her driver door doesn't open, and she locked the passenger door with the keys inside. We tried to help her, then gave her an idea of who to call. When we were done shopping she was waiting for help to arrive. We stayed with her. The guy showed up and got the window down a little bit. He looked at me and asked if I had skinny fingers!? No one has ever looked to me for help cause I am skinny!! So I stepped around him and tried to put my arm in the window - couldn't quite do it. He got the window down just a little more, and I was able to reach my arm in and roll down the window just enough to reach the indoor handle! WOW! The window was only down maybe three inches. Who would have guessed that one day I would be able to help someone out cause I was skinny!!!!


I love that my husband can pick me up off the couch and carry me to bed when I am not feeling well. I love that he can give me a piggy back ride. I love that he boots me off his lap cause my butt is too boney! I love the differences in my body, my attitude, my confidence, my self-esteem.

until I blog again....

1 comment:

LACEY said...

Sherri~ you skinny little thing you. Don't loose too much weight or the next time your outside in a windstorm you might get blown away!lol. You look so good! Thanks for everything you do for me from always helping me at work and for all your advice when I have a problem, and for especially being such a good friend to me! Have a very Merry Christmas. Lacey