Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Worried

I watched the biggest loser last night. I am worried that Vickie (the mean game player) learned nothing about herself! Twelve weeks - 70 pounds lighter and had learned nothing about herself!!? How is that possible!? All the challenges, the things they teach you, the people she watched on the ranch, and having time away from her husband...... and she learned NOTHING!!!????? Seriously how can she learn nothing. By the end of the show, she said she knew she was unhappy in the beginning and now she was happy. Where is the growth? Maybe she is a reserved person, but I really don't see that. She learned nothing as to why she gained the weight! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!!!??

I learn something everyday about myself. I learn that there are things I don't like about myself! I learn there are things I do like about myself! I am shocked by the things that spring up on each side of that coin, and sometimes scared. I learn about my strengths and weaknesses. I learn about my limits and boundaries and also learn to push those limits.

Seriously- how can you lose that kind of weight and learn nothing of yourself? How can you spend that much time on the ranch and not learn something about yourself? Is it all part of the drama for ratings or is this Vickie seriously that hard headed or that focused on winning the game that she isn't using the opportunity to her best advantage? I predict she will gain her weight back- I hope she proves me wrong, but I worry about her no matter what.

until I blog again...

No comments: