Tuesday, December 2, 2008

People Can Surprise You

I watched the Biggest Loser tonight. If you remember I told you there was one person who wasn't maturing at all. Well, tonight I think she made some progress!! FINALLY! I still think she is a game player but I believe she is making some changes. She freaked out during a contest that was 12 feet above water. It took someone she trusted in the water below her to help her jump down. Bob told her that the person she needed to trust in is herself. She actually showed some human emotions- a soft side to her. YEAH - I was worried for her.

I think that Bob is so right. I think that in this adventure of weight loss- we have to trust in ourselves. WHY? Because no one else can do this for us. Others can motivate us, help keep us going, but it is ultimately up to us. It is our doing- make it or break it- it is up to us. There may be reasons behind our reasons for being overweight, but when you break down all the excuses; it is still all our own doings.... I encourage anyone trying to lose weight to make sure they be completely honest with themselves. Face the demons- seriously examine those excuses: pick them apart. How well do they stand up to a full examination? Have you ever noticed that when you point your finger at something that three others are pointing at you?

Learn about yourself. Learn to accept yourself as you are today- not as you want to be and learn to trust yourself. That is a key part- ACCEPT YOURSELF AS YOU ARE TODAY!!! Learn to like yourself now - no matter what. Be proud of who you are- there is nothing wrong with wanting to improve yourself, but always be proud of you today!!!

Until I blog again...

1 comment:

LACEY said...

Sherri I think you are such a great person, i have really enjoyed getting to know you. Your blog is so fun to read, I love all the quotes you have. I think its awesome how much weight you lost! See ya Lacey