Sunday, December 14, 2008

Life isn't about finding yourself....

I found the quote "life isn't about finding yourself, its about creating yourself", and I got to thinking about just how true that is. So many people leave their lives to go find themselves. Maybe they feel lost in the hustle and bustle of life, but it isn't about finding yourself. As we face things in life we might forget who we are or who we want to be. Why go find yourself- create yourself!

I lost myself in emotions, food, single parenthood, marriage, more children, etc. I lost myself in my fat-my constant companion. I lived there for years, despite trying to get out. The people who mattered loved me -fat and all. I am so blessed in that knowledge. Then one day I heard about the lapband. I knew instantly that it was the answer. So it was time to create myself!

If you look at my before picture you can see how miserable I look. Then look at my June picture. I look a lot happier. I remember when that second picture was taken- I was actually wondering just how much different I looked because I was wearing the same outfit I wore in the before picture still fit and didn't fall off my body. I was thinking I hadn't made much progress at all. But looking at them now- WOW! I was quite different.

So I am creating this new smaller me.... and I am more outgoing (I thought I used to be pretty outgoing- unless I was intimidated). I don't get intimidated as easily as I used to. I have learned that I am me -take me as I am or do without me. Your choice- your gain or your loss. I am good enough just as I am- I always want to improve things but if I am my best person today; tomorrow will take care of itself. I want to be friendly, kind, courteous, (you know- be a boy scout!) and an all around good person. I want people to know that I care about them, and how I feel about them- no time like the present to let them know! I work in a hospital and see some sad things. I always wonder when someone dies what their last moments were like.... were they kind to their loved ones, were their loved ones kind to them. I want my last moments to always be remembered as good ones. So I think I may have scared a few people in this quest to let them know how I feel, but I feel good knowing I was open and honest.

You know what- in creating myself (becoming the person I want to be on the inside and out) I have found myself. I have had some hard times this last year with the whole process and hurt a few people for which I have apologized. But I am a better person for the lessons I learned. I am more the person I want to be. I know that I am worth having as a friend or family member.

Don't go find yourself... create yourself! Decide who you want to be, what you want to be, and start working at it! BE CREATIVE!!! BE THE BEST YOU THAT YOU CAN BE TODAY!!!


until I blog again...


No comments: