Saturday, May 15, 2010

Her she is to save the day!!

One of my favorite patients came into see me at the hospital. And do you want to know why she came to see me!!? She brought me popcorn 100 calorie kettle corn mini microwave bags! Not just one of them even- she brought me two!!! That just made my day! I told her that was great cause lunch options weren't the best for me in the cafeteria. So what did this ever-so-thoughtful person do- she CAME BACK! She brought me a lean cuisine. Her favorite kind!! butter nut squash ravioli!! I ate half of that. (the pasta is hard for me) It was pretty good! Honestly- I wasn't sure I would like it but it was good! Now I am eating my 100 calorie kettle corn dessert! Rather enjoying that as well! What a thoughtful person she is. And she couldn't have picked a better day to help me out! Thanks!!! She is such a good friend!

Other than that - and the toast this morning - I haven't had anything. I need to get my water in!! I need to be better about that as well. I have plans to help tie a quilt or two after work but then I am hoping to get outside. Maybe I will just end up taking Christopher for a walk. We'll see how windy it is.

oh - I LIED!! I had ONE doritoe chip today as well! Nurses had a new flavor of them and one of them told me I should try it. It is all nighter hamburger (maybe cheeseburger) but I tried one! WOW kind of a crazy chip! First I tasted pickles, then I tasted the ketchup and mustard!! It is one of those types where you are not sure if you like it or don't like it!! I felt like the girl from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory- oh yeah- Violet was her name!! She chewed the gum that was a 7 course meal! =)

Well, the evening was a little worse for food choices. I ate a little bit of spaghetti, half an egg salad sandwich, and a slice of pizza (minus the edge crust and another inch in from there- it was sausage and mushroom pizza) then I had a shake. yup- I did.... sigh. I did reduce the candy that I put in it when I have one!! so there is improvement there BUT there is a lot more room for improvement!! and sadly- no exercise. Certainly room for improvement there! I have no excuse. Just didn't get it done.

I will improve on my efforts. Don't worry- I won't bore you with the details of my food all the time... just figured if I admit this to the world (or at least my blog readers) I would want to work harder to be able to announce my good choices when I make them and have some success in weight loss since I am at a stand still right now.

until I blog again.....

No comments: