Saturday, November 21, 2009

Wed. in Orlando

Well, Wed was the last full day in Orlando. I got up and went to the summit. I sat with Heather again for breakfast. Then I found Jackie and told her it was nice to meet her. We had a session this day that was split up by job titles basically. It was a good session. Afterwards I went back to my hotel, got changed, and took pictures of the hotel. It really was a fun hotel as far as the decorating outside! Then I went to Epcot.

I walked around and got an idea of the things there. I got my picture taken with chip and dale. Then went and rode the clam shell and watched a short version of Finding Nemo. It was fun. I got the experience of announcing it was just me when they asked how many in my group or family. It's ok. I enjoyed watching some of the reactions.

I went to the area where there were buildings for different countries. I looked in a few of them. I found the Japanese area. I was excited. But then I learned they weren't totally what I was looking for. I thought it would me museum style things to look at. Each area offered a couple of restaurants serving ethnic food and a gift shop where you can buy things from the country.

I bought some Japanese candy for the kids, a set of nice chopsticks for myself, and tea cups for me and Ty with our names on it written in Japanese. Then I went and bought beef wraps from the Japanese kiosk. They were yummy! I went and sat in the concert area and watched Billy Ocean perform. It was hilarious. He walked out on the stage, and everyone started whispering that it wasn't really him. He had gray hair.... I giggled thinking that I am sure everyone that was whispering had aged in the 20 years since he was around so why wouldn't Billy Ocean himself age? Once he started singing everyone knew it was him and enjoyed it.

I went and stood in line to get my picture taken with the Disney characters. I stood among moms and dads with their kids and a couple of young couples enjoying life. I got my picture taken with each one of the characters that were in line. I had a great time!!! Probably one of my favorite moments! HA Then I went on a couple of other things, watched the dancing waters, and went to downtown Disney. Walked into a few stores I didn't go to the other times I was there. Got a treat and went back to my hotel.

My shuttle bus for the airport was picking me up at 4:15AM!!! ugh. So I packed my bag, made sure I was ready to go, and took a nap. I was exhausted, but happy, relaxed, and proud of myself. It was a good few days.

until I blog again....

No comments: