Friday, November 13, 2009

The rest of the night

After I had my dinner, I walked around Downtown Disney. It was fun. All the shops, the scenery. I loved the lego shop. It was too fun! All the lego options. I am going back one day and buying lots of legos for my future grandchildren.

Anyway- it was time for me to go for goal number 2. A movie. I couldn't decide what movie to see. There were a few that I wanted to wait until I could go see them with my son. And there was two others that I was debating from. It came down to Couple's Retreat. I got my ticket, my popcorn, a drink, and I was off to the movie. I sat in the last row (typical of where Ty and I sit) then I wondered if I should sit somewhere different. But then three other couples came and sat in the back row as well. It was a great movie. I love when the crowd laughs and gets involved in the story. I laughed out loud. Not hiding the fact I was there or the fact that I was alone. It was great. I felt good about meeting two goals in the same night.

Ok - so why the goals? Perhaps some of you are wondering that... well, as an overweight person these are things I would never have done alone. I always imagined people staring, people laughing, people thinking "look at that fat girl- can't get a date" or "look at that fat girl- look at what she is eating no wonder no one wants to go out with her" probably in some cases there are those people who would think that but mostly it was probably just my insecurities and fears. My low self-esteem.

It was so important to me to meet these goals. I wanted to ride a ride in Denver alone and never did it. So I couldn't fail at another goal. I am so happy that I met these goals. It was a great night. I enjoyed the time alone, watching the people around me, learning about myself- facing some fears. I was pretty tired by the end of the day though! =) I was proud of myself.

So down to goal number 3- the swimming pool...

until I blog again....

No comments: