Thursday, November 12, 2009

quick note

I am not feeling well. Life has been a little ugly for me. I am tired and worn out right now. BUT I wanted to let everyone know I was still here.

I went to Orlando Florida for a gastric band summit!! It was the best thing I could have done! It was awesome. I went alone- no one else from the clinic went and neither did my hubby. It was me. I had three main goals with my bit of free time... to go to a movie alone, out to eat alone, and go to the swimming pool alone. I DID THEM ALL!!! My waiter at the restaurant probably thought I was nuts. Let me touch on this topic tonight, and I will work on the rest of my trip this weekend.

The first night I had free time, I was going to go to the hotel and change my clothes then go to Down Town Disney. I had already looked at the options there and decided that the Rainforest Cafe would be a nice entertaining place to eat. I was waiting for my shuttle bus and the next bus I saw was for DownTown Disney- so I decided I would just go straight there. SO I DID. Checked out a few shops then went to the cafe. They ask at the first stop how many in your party... one I quietly said. Then you get in line and wait to be seated. So then they call your name and confirm how many are in your party. I clearly said ONE. The guy takes me to my seat. Bless his heart. He was almost apologetic when he took me to a table and asked "is this ok for you tonight" sounding all sad for me. I kind of giggled. Next a lady walked by and asked if i was alone or something to that affect. I said yes. and she took the extra set of silverware. She LEFT the extra napkin but she took the silverware. I thought that was the sad pathetic move done in a movie to make the viewers sympathetic to the character. sigh. SO my waiter comes, and I ask for a children's menu! too funny. and then proceed to order from it! It was tasty, but I couldn't eat it all. At one point I asked the waiter to please take my picture. I told him he needed to show the other chair to prove I was eating alone. He kind of chuckled. I told him it was a long story and laughed. So that was my first night alone.

I walked around DownTown Disney. My favorite place was the lego shop!!! AWESOME!!! Will share more of this night later. thanks to my waiter for taking my pic and laughing along with me and not at me.

until I blog again....

No comments: