Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Let's talk goals

I believe that goals help keep us active. If we don't have a goals we have nothing to strive for so can fall into an inactive state, inactive physically and mentally. I also believe that we should set attainable goals. Why set ourselves up for failure!? There is nothing wrong with pushing ourselves, but we still need to have attainable goals. We shouldn't say "I want to lose 100 pounds in two months"  that is failure waiting to happen. Instead set small short term goals to reach a long term larger goal.

On top of that, I believe in setting two goals. The one I would be happy with and the one I would be THRILLED with! Like my half marathons.... I would say "I want to finish" that is my first goal- my happy goal. "I want to finish in less then 3.5 hours" is second goal... the one that I will be thrilled to achieve.   

Right now- my current goals are that in which I don't have a secondary, I will be thrilled goal =)  The medical ones are just ones that have to be achieved. and so I am happy with any progress towards that.  

So some of my goals are large! Like being ready for half marathons next summer. Taking it one day at a time, one 6 week body make over segment at a time.  with smaller, quick to achieve goals we will have a sense of accomplishment and the larger goals will not seem so hard to reach.

until I blog again.....

No comments: