Monday, October 21, 2013

I was just reading the last two posts from June 2011. sigh--- i am no where near in that good of shape! but I will get back to that point.
Since my last post....
I found a program that enables me to stay home with Tiffany and Christopher (my two specially abled adult children that live with us). So in Sept 2011, My husband got a great raise and promotion, my youngest son left to go to school, and my place of employment although overall a great place- my department didn't want to let me work 4 ten hour days in order for me to continue to work for them, so i quit a lot earlier than I intended to.
I have thoroughly enjoyed being home!  I have a lot of freedom with out having to punch a time clock! but it doesn't come without its own stresses.  Anyway- so no more working outside the house. July 2012 I pushed Christopher in a half marathon and ended up with blisters under my toenails so I was unable to participate in the soda screamer. My toes were barely starting to feel better so no time to train and be ready.  My weight has crept back up. some boredom eating for sure. Aug. 2012, my son Duane got married, Sept 2012 my first grand child was born!! Then Nov 2012 I finally made the tough choice to have my lap band removed.
yup! my banded life blog is now actually a unbanded blog. BUT it was the right choice. and of course- more weight crept back up.  May 2013, Duane announced that he and his wife Kayla were expecting (boy!)!! then Troy got engaged and a few days later they found out they were expecting (girl)!!! So lots of fun coming up!

Here I sit: overweight once again and a stay at home mom who is also a grandma. 

what to do? feel sorry for myself? make excuses?  keep putting on weight?

I helped with the soda screamer this year and chatted with a couple people. One remembered me pushing Christopher in the soda screamer in the past.  and there was a family there that participated in the Star valley half marathon and said they missed seeing us this year and that they talked about us. (we were in Illinois)

Well this was enough to get me motivated. I need to do something- I want to do something. So I have made myself a goal- I want to participate in the Star Valley half and the soda screamer.  I need to work hard to get to a point where my body can do it! 

that is a super quick update to life.

until I blog again.....

No comments: