Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I am happy to report that I am making progress! My sugars now range from 132-189 - Still not in the normal range but closer! I review my progress with the Dr. tomorrow- or rather I drop off my numbers and he will review as he can. so by the end of the week I should know what the new plan is. I am anticipating an increase in the injection amount and nothing else.  I will get on the scales when I go- just as a calibration of how I am doing. and for the Dr to see that I am making progress that way as well (that is my hope- a lower number)
I have been working out on the gazelle and the total gym on days I haven't been able to get to the gym. And then have been to the gym a couple times as well. I even ran last night! not long or fast but I ran. 2 different times and for a minute each time.

I spent half an hour on the elliptical and an hour and 20 minutes on the treadmill.  Friday I walked an interval program on the treadmill for an hour. I hope to alternate treadmill work outs for variety and so my body doesn't settle into a routine that hinders my progression.  last night I needed to get my legs to relax so didn't do any high powered treadmill work other then the two minutes of running.

My blood pressure- I am not sure how that is doing. I think I will see if Jamie will check that tomorrow as well.  The a1c goal I have--- that is a test done every three months or so. SO will not know progress on that until after the first of the year. But I think it will show improvement at least!  I need to keep working hard on that!

Do I still eat candy- yup. Do I eat birthday cake!? Yup! I have always and will always believe that moderation is more the key than giving up treats.  everything in moderation. a cheese burger here and there isn't the problem. cheeseburgers every day and not living an active life is the problem. We need to be active. I know this- have known this... just don't live up to it. BUT I need to! I want to!  I have one grand son and more grand babies soon to be here! I need to be active and healthy! I am young enough that there is no reason I can't live to see great grandchildren and even great great grand children! BUT i have to take care of me!  It is always so much easier to take care of everyone else. However - what we forget as moms/women is that we can't continue in this work for as long as we would like if we aren't healthy ourselves. For Christopher I need to be healthy- I need to be able to take care of him for years to come. 

I was looking for a hotel room for a training I want to attend for my educational hours for my certified family home license. The first thing I was checking for was a gym and pool!!!  Usually I am like "ha I am going away- I don't need to stress doing anything like exercise!"   I usually check for continental breakfast! LOL and cheap! LOL I am not a hotel snob! (that was for you Tammy!) I usually only ever sleep at the hotel. not hang out or anything.... so I usually just get a cheap place. just need a bed why pay a lot. =)

Anyway- as my friend Beth said... Progression not perfection and I am doing well at progression!  never do I strive for perfection- it just isn't possible. =)

until I blog again......


No comments: