Wednesday, September 15, 2010

training

Well, I am so excited. I went over to Soda to walk part of the course for the half marathon, and I took Christopher with me. We walked (ok I walked- he rode) 7.6 miles! I was hoping to get back to my starting point in 2.5 hours I did it in 2 hours 15 minutes! I was really pleased! There are a couple of rough hills but I made it. They make me a little nervous but hopefully the new chair for Christopher will make it easier. We'll see- if the chair EVER gets here to begin with!!

His chair was pulling to the left a tiny bit so I was pushing extra hard on the left and pulling back on the right. But we made it!! I think Thursday I am going to pick Christopher up from school and take him and walk all but the Kelly Park back trails.

We have tshirts being made for us! Christopher's Crew.... We are all excited to be doing this. We want to get the message out that alcohol and pregnancy doesn't mix!!! It is sad to think he has the issues he has and struggles as he does because of something his birth mom decided to do- his life could have been totally different had she not touched a drop..... but perhaps that would have meant we never got to meet him or be his parents or get to know the precious sweet spirit he is.

So Christopher's crew is ready to roll.... Oct 9th. Want to hear his story- check out thesodascreamer.blogspot.com

I weigh today- hope I show a weight loss. I have been stuck on the same weight despite my half efforts - I will be honest. exercise- not a regular event for me and proper food choices still escape me but I am doing better in both areas.


until I blog again.....

No comments: