Friday, September 3, 2010

training!

Well, I have been working on walking to prepare for the half marathon in October. I walked 9.6 miles almost 4 weeks ago, and then the next day I walked 6 miles to the next town to attend a zumba exercise class (LOVE the zumba). Then the next Monday I walked 13.4 miles!! I got 13.1 miles finished in the 4 hour time frame the Soda Screamer has. Then walked to town the next day for zumba again.

This past saturday I walked part of the Soda Screamer to decide if I can take my son on part of it. So walked about 4 miles I think- maybe more. I decided that I better not take him on the first 3 mile section because it is in an area that would be hard to get to him or get him out of there if he has a seizure or something. So I will hurry through those first miles to make up time and pick him up from Ty when I get out of there.

I have been emailing with the person in charge and told her that is what I had decided I needed to do and that I was working on the registration money but we would be there. I got an email today saying they wanted to donate his registration and also wanted to share our story with their newspaper. I was so touched. I just cried.

I told her also that I could WALK the half marathon in exactly 4 miles but once I add my son it will slow me down. So I need to get working! I just got a new membership to the gym so will work out after work more often and going to work on my power walking! I am so excited. Hope I can finish in the 4 hours.... the information says they will begin clean up after 4 hours. I can do this... I can I can I can......

until I blog again.......

No comments: