Sunday, December 6, 2009

Are you ready for this?

You all know I am a biggest loser fan. Well, I was watching it this week and then the marathon. I looked at Ty and asked if he would want to run a marathon. So after a short conversation it was decided we will begin to train!

Can you believe it!!!??? I wish I could have seen the look on Lacey's face when she read that! Yes- I am going to begin training for a marathon. I am not making any promises at this point that I will run a marathon, but the intention is there for now! Perhaps I will come to my senses!! Perhaps not! HA

So, my training will be starting out slow because I am recovering from left foot surgery and will be having right foot surgery later this month. I will be doing mild stuff to try and get back into a routine. Then as the foot allows, I will increase my work.

Perhaps you are all asking what would make me want to think about doing such a thing. Lacey is sitting there saying "you go girl! you can do it!" She is my running cheerleader, and I think I am really going to need her while I train! HaHa ANYWAY- Why would I do such a thing... Why would I even think about doing such a thing? Here's my logical, psychotic answer: "biggest loser made me do it!" I watch week after week as people who are overweight workout with Bob and Jillian. I watch the work they put into it. I am amazed at their ability to overcome the weight, pain, and suffering as they do the work outs. All I can think is that I am not very much overweight, but I doubt I could workout like they do. How awful is that!? I am so out of shape. It just goes to show that weight and size isn't always the only contributing factors to health.

So, I decided to prove to myself that I can do it. I can accomplish something major. I am not in it to run the whole way - although I would like to. I am not in it to complete it by in a certain amount of time, although I will get to that point where I set a goal. I am not in it to win by being the first person across the finish line. I am in it to show myself I can do it. I can work towards a large goal, and I can make it. I can do this. I am not a big fan of running but I am a fan of meeting goals.

Join with me as I begin to train. It will be including many forms of exercise, eating right, running, blogging, crying, trying to give up, trying to succeed. I can do this.

until I blog again....

1 comment:

LACEY said...

I'm sooooo EXCITED that you want to do this. I will run it with you. We will have to train together when we can. You can do it!!! What an AWESOME goal I'm proud of you!! :)