Saturday, December 19, 2009

Feeling lots better!!!

WOW- this has been a hard month and a half or so. I have been feeling weaker and weaker as the weeks passed. I wasn't able to drink much or eat any thing. Popcorn and icecream with peanut butter cups has been my main stay for a while. Dec 14th a dr did another scope and stretched out my esophagus and pyloris. Food hasn't been much of a problem since! My biggest problem with it was today - I want to eat!!!! BUT my body needs some nutrition so I won't complain to much!

So - due to weakness- marathon training is on hold for a bit. I made a deal with another patient to try an at home simple 10 minutes a day work out program. So I will be doing that until after the first of the year then I will add the gym. I probably won't be using the gym much for january
due to my foot surgery on Dec 29th but I will work on upper body strength and walk some on the treadmill as I am able. SHHHhhhh Don't tell the dr I said that!

Ty found an eight week training program that puts it so you should be able to walk or run 2 miles in 30 minutes by the end. So that is a starting point!!!! Anything will help! I am hoping to do some short runs this summer and during the relay for life in July- I hope to run some on the track. last year I did ten laps where I ran the curves and walked the straight aways. I would love to run ten -12 straight laps. BUT I know I am asking a lot of my body at this point. I need to suck it up and prepare for this. NO EXCUSES (except my foot!) I need to make time for working out. I can do this. Ty is unsure if he will be able to run but we both have the same goal of losing 40 pounds so even if he can't run the marathon- he can lose weight.

I want to one day do well enough to push my son in his wheelchair while I run. That is a major major goal, but it would be an awesome one to accomplish!!! I was thinking about diaper changes for him during a marathon.... then I wondered about a bathroom for me!!! hmmm.... that would be important to me to know that! =)

Anyway- so I have not begun my training except the at home exercise I challenged someone to do with me. And I failed the first day! (yesterday) so I will do the routine twice today.

until I blog again......

No comments: