Wednesday, January 15, 2014

since November 11, 2013

My daughter had her appendix out, I took a trip to the emergency room, then I had carpel tunnel surgery that has been awful, candy making day, grand baby born dec 18th, Christmas, New Year's (no I have no resolutions), and then grand baby born Jan 11th!  She is the new year baby!!!! wahoo!!

Now-let's discuss facing challenges! I go to the gym and they have a universal gym. I fear this beast! I am not sure how to use it, don't want to look stupid trying to learn it, don't want to hurt myself if I use it incorrectly.  Ya there are pictures there but I am not that bright sometimes! So Nov 19th I decide I am going to tackle this beast!!!!! at least do the stuff I DO KNOW. I was pleased to do several exercises and lift more than i thought I could etc.   a couple friends even commented I was out lifting them and they are skinny fit ladies.  WELLLLLLL..... I think the beast still won in the end. sigh. That was the night I ended up in the ER. I had these awful stabbing headaches. Have you ever seen that weapon that looks like a stick and you push the button and a blade comes out both ends? well I felt like someone was in my head pushing that button over and over. The dr said perhaps a small bleed from lifting REALLY!? ugh I was so proud of my efforts! so they ordered an MRI but I had to wait 5 days before the MRI truck was in town again. So I was afraid to work out at all. The headaches stopped that night never to return, the MRI results were fine.  two days after the MRI  I had the carpel tunnel surgery.

The carpel tunnel surgery went well, the incision was beautiful etc. but the recovery has been horrid. with all the surgeries I have had, this was the worst. and I am still struggling.  So my goals and plans to exercise despite the surgery kind of went out the window. I did NOTHING for exercise from Nov 19th until Jan 9th. sigh.   But the hand... after the surgery the dr told me something about my tendon goes a different direction than most peoples and that he was concerned with how my recovery would be in the muscle at the base of my thumb. sigh. at the appointment yesterday, he was still concerned. the muscle is firing but is weak. hoping physical therapy will help. I am not thrilled over the progress or the surgery- I am glad my left hand doesn't need it cause it would take a lot of convincing to get me to do it.

Until I blog again......

No comments: