Monday, May 2, 2011

2011

Well, I have set my goals for this year. I have about 50 pounds to lose and to do so I am going to walk/run a series of 10k's (one a month for five months May- Sept). I have a couple of 5k's I am going to do, and at least two half marathons. I will be pushing my special needs son for all these events (combined weight of about 150 pounds)

The first event is this Saturday May 7th!! I am NOT ready but figure this will give me room to improve as I move through the series! I am nervous about this event simply cause I do not know the course. Haven't seen it, don't know the area so a map won't tell me enough to make me not feel nervous.

So- increase my protein intake, seriously decrease my sugar intake, and exercise exercise exercise. I am hoping that by the time I get to the Soda Screamer I am very very close to my goal if not at goal. and I am hoping to beat my time of last years screamer.... 3:42:55 I am looking for under 3:30 - major goal is being done in under 3:15 but we will see how this summer goes.

Follow along- please send encouragement! thoughts- prayers etc!!

Until I blog again.... (and I won't wait so long between blogs) =)

No comments: