Sunday, May 24, 2009

confidence to be me

Well, I have been thinking about doing some motivational speaking. My theme- the confidence to be me. I have it started in my head but can't seem to get it out on paper. I want to practice in toastmasters. I want speak to high schoolers. Any suggestions and support is greatly appreciated!

The idea behind my talk is to love yourself as you are. No matter what - we have something we don't like about ourselves. After losing most of my weight, I don't like my arms or inner thighs. We are hard on ourselves. We take what other people think to heart and also condemn ourselves to a life of criticism. I want to use the line "the world will tell you who you are until you tell the world" in my talk.

So like I said- suggestions and support is much appreciated. Not sure the length of speech - I think I want to make it 30-60 minutes with variations so if I am asked to speak for 15 minutes I have it covered and ready to go. I don't know. perhaps I wouldn't do well with this. But I guess I won't know unless I try!

Until I blog again.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will make an awesome motivational speaker !! Go For It !

simply me said...

I have been working on my speech- but not making it very far!! It is all in my head but I can't get it on paper. maybe I just need to speak it and then write it down and tweak it! LOL