Sunday, March 22, 2009

A GOOD DAY!!!

I am so excited. I love my job. Earlier today I saw our first surgery patient. She has lost 20 pounds (that is the two week diet before surgery plus post surgery weight loss!) She was so cute! I know this patient outside the clinic- she is a sweetheart but many people don't see that. She doesn't smile a lot. It is hard to know if she is joking or not due to that. But rest assured she is a kind hearted woman! She came in today and was such a different person! She is smiling. She had rosey red cheerful cheeks. Her attitude was so different- awake- alive- excited! It brings tears to my eyes to see this change in her! It is so wonderful!

I am so happy and proud to be a part of a program that will bring about these kinds of changes for someone. This patient was SOOOO Ready for this surgical tool! She is going to be a success! She is beautiful inside and out! I think this is going to be my favorite success story! She is going to do great!

I wonder if I changed so much so quickly like she has. How fun for me to see this transformation in her! I look at my before pics and how I look now- I can see some of that in me as well. It isn't about the looks for me- that was just a bonus! It was about my health- being alive for grandkids, being able to take care of my son with special needs, feeling better.... but to be honest- I am enjoying the looking better part as well. It is so nice not to cringe when looking in the mirror. I think I have said it before but I actually take some time in the mirror!!! do a little posing- and many time: I EVEN SMILE!!!!

I cannot even begin to express how much this program means to me. How great it is to offer this tool to others. How great it is to be a small part of their journey. And how honored I am that I was chosen to be a part of the clinic. The clinic- your loss, your gain..... my loss was my gain.... in more ways than I ever thought possible!

until I blog again......

No comments: