Saturday, June 25, 2011

Moving forward!

So Thursday I went to the gym and my goal was to just run as long as I could. The first couple of minutes were awful. I was sure that the day before and running 10 mins straight was a fluke. BUT I stuck it out and soon hit that 10 minutes and made a goal of 15 min. then a goal of 20 min! I was so excited! I did just barely over 20 minutes at 4.5 mph. My goal now is to increase the speed and the length of time gradually. My knees are a little sore but not bad. I woke up in the middle of the night and they were yelling at me so I did not do my work out friday - I swapped my rest day for today with friday- so nothing yesterday- I was too tired to even drive home! But did the workout for supreme 90 today.

Funny thing about that- my husband came in during my workout (I work out in the front room and usually at 5:30 am so he is sleeping but it was after 8 at this point) and sat down. He made a couple of comments about my workout (Nice comments) and then I hear sniffling.... I look at him and he is crying. I asked what he was crying for and it was just that he was so proud of me and was thinking about 5 years ago how that would never have been something I could do or would try to do.

After my work out Troy (age17) comes in to lift his weights a little. So I was showing him some of the things he can do to change it up. =)

I was proud with my workout because I did 5 or 6 burpees today!! Those are hard for me. and I did I think 10 push-ups without modification and jump lunges! I can't wait for the day I can do a full plank jack!!! I am getting close!!! I can tell a difference in my ability, strength, and endurance each day as I follow that program. I am pleased with the results I have seen so far!!

I am not sure I will win the biggest loser contest. There are a lot of people doing so well on their plans too. I heard of some having lost 10-14 pounds already. I am hovering at about 8-10 pounds lost. BUT I know that everyone has to continue on that weight loss for three months total. Some might not have that endurance some will platuea eventually and I will catch up! Not going to put myself out of the running that is for sure. I am trusting in the process that building the muscles will help to burn fat quicker at some point.

Everyone is able to choose their method like HCG etc. I want to see what I can do just doing it the plain old fashion way- exercise and eat right! SO just trusting in the process at this point and doing what I can. I faulter with the food occassionally but all in all I am doing great I think!

I am learning that I prefer to exercise to fight stress over eat to fight it!

No comments: